EducationSocial and Cultural ProgramsSisterhoodG'Mach/ChesedHadassah
Rose and Jules Shapiro G'Mach Society
G'mach is an acronym for gemulit chasadim, or acts of loving kindness. Beth Sholom's G'Mach group has been in existence since 1886, when the Jewish congregation donated a Torah pointer to the New York Jewish Museum Society. In 1999 the congregation, in honor and in memory of a couple who gave so generously during their lifetimes, renamed the group the Rose and Jules Shapiro G'Mach Society.
Supported by contributions from congregation members, the committee members reach out to individuals and families in need as well as families celebrating simchas. Some of the committee functions include providing support for
Congregants in need of support from G'Mach, or for information on how to volunteer or donate, call the Beth Sholom office at 301-663-3437.